1. Wolfpack ( 2-1 ) - After a disappointing upset to PAS Giannina, the short handed Wolfpack regrouped and put a up a record 109 points against Boardwalk Empire! George Vlahos and Lou Karapanagiotides combined for 63 in that game. Pack are still top dogs.
2. Kings ( 2-0 ) - After knocking off the Revolution on opening day, the Kings went on to blow out the Warriors a few days later. In both games they scored over 80 points, and have had multiple players score in the 20’s. Their high powered offense is fun to watch.
3. Danny’s Boys ( 2-1 ) - The boys lost on opening night but didn’t really have a chance to mesh with their new roster. They followed that up with 2 straight cruise control wins and now have a chance to assert their league dominance against a tough revolution team this week.
4. Revolution ( 2-1 ) - With Kada scoring in bunches and Nasis patrolling the paint, the Revolution are a force to be reckoned with. This Thursday they’ll have a chance to make a jump in the power rankings as they face Danny’s Boys in the prime time slot.
5. Warriors ( 1-2 ) - The Dubs have had a tough schedule to start the season, facing the Kings and Revolution. But their ball movement, and hustle still leads me to believe they belong in this spot. With games looming against PAS Giannina and the Lakers, the Warriors need to stay focused and avoid any let downs.
6. PAS Giannina ( 1-1 ) - With a win over the powerful Pack, PAS showed they are more than capable of hanging with the best, and beating them. The improved play of Evan Tsiklidis give PAS confidence moving forward. His play, along with the team’s improved patience and teamwork are all positives.
7. Lakers ( 1-1 ) - We still haven’t seen the Lakers with a full roster, but I have a feeling they’ll be very tough to beat. Their first win was against Boardwalk Empire and first loss was against Danny’s Boys. In both those games we saw 2 very different teams. The Kings await this Thursday, and the Lakers will need a full team to compete.
8. Boardwalk Empire ( 1-2 ) - Another group of guys we haven’t seen with a full squad as of yet. The Empire has potential, with the solid play of Steve Gassis and the return of Nick Kafkalas, this team will be in the hunt for playoff seeding. Will they be able to get back to .500 against PAS Giannina? Stay tuned!
9. Ellas ( 0-3 ) - Averaging just over 41ppg, Team Ellas needs to find a way to pick up the offensive pace. Their struggles offensively stem from not being able to get their full group to every game. If they can do that, they'll start building a chemistry and hopefully that will improve the team’s morale. Ellas is capable of more, and I think we’ll see more from them in this long season.