1. Wolfpack - The Champs are on top until somebody knocks them off. With little change to their roster, the Pack are just as strong, if not stronger than they were last season. I think maturity and growth will show for the Pack this year, making them even tougher to beat. Look out PGBL!
2. Kings and Danny’s Boys - So why are these teams tied for second? This is the best rivalry in PGBL History! Every year these teams are at the top of the power rankings and each matchup, whether its regular season or playoffs, is a competitive grudge match! Overall the Kings have won 4 of the 9 matches and DB have won 5. Last year the Kings swept Danny’s Boys 3-0 but the previous year Danny’s Boys swept the Kings en route to their second Championship. The Kings have lost guard Pete Kada but added size in George Pagiotas, who's is a multiple DPOY winner and former champion. Will he be the one to help the Kings get over the hump? Or will Jimmy Armenakis be the one to help Danny’s Boys get back to the promised land? Thats right, DB have added, arguably the best center in PGBL History, Jim Armenakis. That addition made the loss of Nick Kafkalas sting slightly less. So let’s sit back and watch this great rivalry continue! One thing is for sure, all players on both sides know the other team, which makes for a close game almost every time!
4. Revolution - The return of Pete Kada, the acquisition of former PGBL MVP Chris Vasiliou and the renewed commitment of Vasili Nasis are just a few reasons why the Rev are a serious contender this year. The Revolution are the all time leaders in team wins in PGBL History with 67 total wins. Will they be able to fend off the Kings ( 65 wins ) to maintain that lead? Opening day should be fun!
5. Warriors - Nothing new going on here. Just the same old grind and hustle Warriors team led by Nick Karalis and Will Galiatsatos. These guys are older now, more mature and physically stronger which will help them win more games. The Dubs almost always give the top teams trouble by making them play their style of basketball. I wouldn't change that style at all…play your way and play hard.
6. Ellas - Rip City and Ellas has merged! The ALL NEW Ellas team is looking much improved with the addition of players like Stefanos Grigorakakis, George Mashas, Pete Kyriakodis and Chris Sarianos. This could be the year Ellas gets over the hump and becomes a winning team. Kudos to captain George Pantzaris for making these moves to improve the team! Looking forward to seeing these guys battle the Warriors on opening night!
7. PAS Giannina - Bill Dosis and company are back in the PGBL. The boys from Epirus keep the PAS name intact and have some minor changes to the roster. Kosta Pavlidis will be an offensive weapon as PAS looks to make some heads turn.
8. Lakers - Finally we have a PGBL team named after one of the most legendary NBA teams! The Lakers, led by captain Dimitri Evangelopoulos have merged with with some former Spartan players and a few new names to the PGBL. As a new team, its hard to gage how good these guys will be. They have the potential, but will have to prove themselves.
9. Boardwalk Empire - Anthony Panetta and Nick Kafkalas have left Danny’s Boys to form their own team, consisting of some Jersey grown ballers. This team is ranked last on my list simply because they have several new players we haven’t seen yet. Lets hope these guys are ready for some serious Greek competition!